December 4–15, 2023
The Linked Pasts Symposium (https://linkedpasts.org) brings together scholars, heritage professionals and other practitioners with an interest in Linked Open Data as applied to the study of the ancient and historical worlds.
The Ninth Linked Pasts symposium (LP9) will be a fully virtual and asynchronous affair, better to engage with international participants and different time zones, and reduce the need for financially and environmentally expensive travel. Activities proposed include working groups and workshops with a specific goal and agenda.
The Programme of Activities is now online. Each activity has two or more organizers, a pitch to potential participants and information on how to sign up, take part, and find the outcomes of the activity. An outline of these activities follows, and full details are in the programme Google Doc.
- Activity 1. Contributing at the Cuneiform Digital Library Initiative
- Activity 2. How can authoritative vocabularies be more inclusive of non-Western concepts?
- Activity 3. LOD People activity launch
- Activity 4. Geo-themed sprint for the Digital Classicist Wiki
- Activity 5. Map and Present your data with Peripleo
- Activity 6. Recogito: The Next Generation